For style savvy mommies & tots with discerning taste.....

Friday

I'm a Mommy & I'm Fabulous... Chic Tips for Mommies!

 




If you're a fabulous reader of this amazing little outlet you already know about the daily trials of Miss Très Chic. In my daily travels I'm always asked "How do you do it all & still look amazing" ?
On any given day I'm the mommy with heels and an IPad in tow at my son's soccer game. I'll a rock a sheath dress to Chuck E. Cheese and make no apologies of it.

I'm not suggesting you race to the supermarket in 3 inch heels on a Saturday morning (although I do) but I am suggesting you embrace your fabulous! Being a mommy is no easy task and while you're wiping noses and organizing toys you may forget to schedule that much needed massage or facial.

I decided to share a few tips for all the mommies out there that may have forgotten how amazingly fabulous they truly are....
  1. Create a "Quiet Place"... This is your retreat away from the noise. It can be your guest room, laundry room (at least when you're not actually doing laundry) or my personal favorite.. Your closet! I can't tell you how many times I've taken a much needed break in the confines of my closet. It's always nice to be in the company of friends.. Shoes, purses and accessories! 
  2. Take time to pamper yourself... An extra long bubble bath or an at-home mani/pedi can make all the difference when you' having a rough day.
  3. Host a mommy play-date... Invite friends over for some kid-free fun & don't forget the cocktails!
  4. Schedule stylist, spa and beauty appointments And stick to them!
  5. No time to hit the mall? Shop your closets! There's probably a few hidden gems lurking in the back of your closet. 
  6. Impromptu dance breaks.. I take these often! Snag your Ipod and create dance mix and get the party started!
  7. Smile often... Even when you don't feel like it!
  8. Remind yourself how fierce you are... Create a signature pose in the mirror, Instagram it, Facebook it & don't forget it! 
  9. Take a mommy time out... Even if it's just driving to the corner with the windows down and it's just you & your thoughts!
  10. Lastly... Remember being a mommy is one of the greatest gifts in life... Enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. Great tips! After all "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! My kids are older but great advice for any mom.

    ReplyDelete